FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. When is rent due?
Rent is due by the 1st of every month. If full payment is not received by Maplehurst Park on or before midnight on the 5th day of each month, a 10% late charge will be added to the monthly installment.
2. What are your maintenance procedures? What about emergencies?
Please call in your work orders early in the day for the fastest response. Emergency Maintenance is available at nights and on weekends. To call in for a maintenance emergency, please dial (865) 525-1104 and use option #3 to leave a detailed message for the on-call maintenance technician. Below is the list of problems that constitute an emergency:
- Fire (call 911 first before calling the emergency line)
- Toilet not working (if you only have one bathroom)
- Kitchen sink stopped up – 1st floor only
- Refrigerator not working
- No heat or air conditioning in extreme weather.
Be reminded that under no circumstances should items such as rice, pasta, grease, gravel, corn silks, cleaning wipes, sweepings, rags, ashes, feminine products, or any foreign substances be thrown into the kitchen sink and/or toilet lines. Any damages and the cost of cleaning or repairing plumbing resulting from misuse shall be borne by the Resident.
3. What is Maplehurst Park’s parking policy?
All vehicles parked on Maplehurst Park property must display a property parking decal. Any vehicle found without a proper parking decal will be subject to IMMEDIATE IMMOBILIZATION/TOWING WITHOUT FURTHER NOTICE OR WARNING. DUE TO LIMITED PARKING SPACES ON THE PROPERTY, THERE ARE NO GUEST OR VISITOR PARKING SPACES. THE PARKING AREA IS FOR RESIDENT PARKING ONLY.
Maplehurst Park authorizes Strategic Parking Solutions (SPS) to manage the parking enforcement. They offer 24-hour patrol and can be reached at (800) 652-0427 with any questions or concerns.
View parking map.
4. Does Maplehurst Park provide pest control?
Pest Control services are provided by Russell’s Pest Control. Treatment for the exterior of the buildings is their preferred method of keeping unwanted pests out of your home. The goal is to create a barrier so that pests such as ants, centipedes, and roaches can’t get inside. The good news is you don’t even have to be home for the exterior treatments. However, if you do find pests inside your home, Russell’s Pest Control will treat the inside and the perimeter of the structure until the pests are gone. If you have any questions, please contact the office.
5. Can I have a grill on my patio?
We do not allow any charcoal or gas grills on patios or balconies. Electric grills are permissible.
1. What are the deposits and fees associated with renting an apartment?
- Application fee: $45 per applicant (If you have a cosigner, a cosigner application is an additional $45)
- One-time parking fee (due at move-in): $30 per vehicle
- Security Deposit: $300; refundable upon the condition of the apartment at time of move out
- Administrative fee: $150; non-refundable
- Prices are subject to change at any time
2. Can I have a pet at Maplehurst Park?Yes, we allow one dog or up to two cats per apartment. All vaccination records must be up to date. We have weight and breed restrictions for dogs. Please call the office for more information.
- Dog fee: $200 one-time fee and $20 monthly fee
- Cat fee: $200 one-time fee, per cat
- Pet fees subject to change
3. How long is the lease agreement?
We only offer 12 month leases.
4. What utilities are included in my rent?
Water, sewer, and trash are included in your rent rate. Residents are responsible for paying for their own power.
5. What appliances come with the apartment?
The following appliances are included: dishwasher, stove, oven, and refrigerator. Dishwasher is not available in a majority of the apartments in building 830 Maplehurst Court.
6. Is parking assigned?
Parking is not assigned. However, a Maplehurst Park parking permit is required to park in resident parking. There is a one-time $30 parking fee for residents. View parking map.
7. What forms of payment do you accept?
We accept checks, money orders, and cashier’s checks.
8. How do you handle service requests?
If you have a maintenance issue, please visit or call the office during normal business hours to make a service request. A maintenance technician will service your apartment as soon as possible. We also have a maintenance technician on call during all non-business hours. In the event that you have an emergency maintenance issue after business hours, call the office to request immediate attention. The maintenance technician on call will be dispatched to your apartment as soon as possible.
9. Is renters insurance required?
Yes, it is required. If you do not have renters insurance already, you have the option to purchase renters insurance with eRenterPlan. They are our insurance partner. All approved application are pre-approved with eRenterPlan. For more information please visit their website at www.eRenterPlan.com